web analytics
Firebrick size? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Firebrick size?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebrick size?

I'm wondering what the proper size of firebricks is. I found:

2-1/4 inch X 4 inch X 9 inch
    $0.70 each

brand new

Something seems odd and I'm trying to figure out the duty.

Re: Firebrick size?

Size appears ok, although not 3", price seems cheap. Sure its not a std pale brick? May be a paver?

most I have seen in texas are light cream color , 2.5" x 4.5" x 9" and have the word "butler" stamped on some. i paid $1.10 per brick at ACME Brick..

Acme Brick Co
      Acme Brick Company | Brick, Tile, and More | brick.com

631 Round Rock West Dr
      Round Rock, TX 78681
      (512) 244-7600

Yep, those sound like the dimensions of the standard low duty firebrick. That's a cheap price.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

This is the message I received:

I am not sure I understand low duty or high duty, but these particular fire brick are price right and will do the job you need in my opinion.

As far as a pizza oven…or bread oven we also sell domes, entrance tunnels, etc. Examples of this can be found at Rumford Fireplaces

Normally these brick would sell for $1.46+, however, we made an error on our inventory and purchased too many and need to turn them as we

are overstocked.
          I know they had 3000 or so in stock. How many do you think it would take to make my oven (42" inch pompeii), a smoker, fireplace, and grill?

Ahh, also forgot to ask, how many would it take per each piece?

I recall using 277 brick for my oven (42 inch)- and I threw a butt load of scrap in the trash. For the price you were quoted (less than half of what I paid), buy extra...

Check out my pictures here:

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Could you get a shipping quote to the UK while you're at it?

Sounds like a very good deal on the bricks. I went to go measure one of mine and remembered I used every last brick.

Last edited by christo; 08-21-2008, 05:08 AM.
                My oven progress -

Haha, I was thinking about getting 600 for the smoker, grill, and oven. Perhaps a little more? I can always resell them for close to what I bought them fore I'm sure :-)

The plans call for 200 (135 for the dome + 65 for the floor).

The smoker I want to build would be similar in size to this one(Hill Country Outdoor Kitchens: Outdoor Kitchens, Ovens, and Custom Built Smokers) and the grill I have no clue right now.

Thanks for all the help and if all goes as planned I'll be working on getting my bricks tomorrow!