web analytics
Thermometer - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermometer

I am nearly ready to christen my oven and am wondering what others use to keep an eye on temperature.
    what sort of range do I need my thermometre to register? What are thermocouplers for? What is the most cost effective way to measure my ovens temp? I'm on a very tight budget. Total spend now 31.50.
    Thanks again for your help.

Re: Thermometer

Hard to grab a infrared for less than 60-70 U.S. dollars.

The cheaper ones go up to 950f. ... For a little more money you can get one that reads higher temps.(that's the way I would go)

I don't have one, but I have a couple thermocouples and a thermocouple reader.
    But you can survive without either. ( i got them on ebay, total cost $50..)
    Just burn until the dome turns white, and all the soot is gone.

Spread your coals evenly on the floor. Let the oven rest for 20 - 30 minutes so temps can even out. Then push the coals to the back, clean the floor, and throw a new log on the coals. ( for light and it helps with cooking the tops some)

Then cook your pizzas, you will learn a bunch just by cooking often.

Let me know what you end up doing, curiosity and all!

My thread:
    My costs:
    My pics:

Hi Nick...........an infra-red thermometer is what you want. Best place is e-bay. Check this link..............eBay UK Shop - VirtualVillage-UK-Alpha: Meters and Gauges, Accessories, String Instruments Just key in thermometers in search. You can get one delivered for 32. I know it doubles your costs but it is an investment. It will read up to 520 C or 968 F. The gadget shop sells the same one (in a different colour) for 10 quid more. As Dave says a higher temp would cost a little more.

That's brilliant, thanks. I have just ordered one.
        Have just uploaded the finished item photo's to the site as well.