web analytics
Oven opening into room or not? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Oven opening into room or not?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven opening into room or not?

What's the feasability of having the oven opening into a room? We've just finished framing a sunroom and I'm thinking of adding a 42" Pompeii oven on the backside of the room, with the oven opening coming into the room. I like the idea of using the oven year-round without having to put on snow boots, but I do have a few concerns:

Is there anything I should worry about with the construction design as it ties into the wall framing?

Is it wise to fire an oven that could possibly be in below zero weather for a long period of time? Will the mortar/bricks crack?

Will the oven generate so much heat in the room that it will be unbearable in summer?

Can the oven be used as a fireplace of sorts for heating/ambience?

Thanks in advance for your help. Wisconsin winter is on the way so I'll have plenty of time to plan before construction can begin.

Re: Oven opening into room or not?

If you build your oven into your house, you need to follow all building codes and run it by your building inspector. It will follow the same codes as a residential fireplace. I like the idea myself: it's a nuisance to trudge out in the back yard on these dark nights to cook pizza.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2