web analytics
building permits - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

building permits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building permits

Just curious,
    I can't decide whether or not to pursue a building permit prior to making a patio pizza oven - Pompeii style.
    Any thoughts on this issue?
    Thanks
    GJBingham
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Re: building permits

I was curious because I did and didn't want to know the answer .

I checked with my building dept - they don't regulate outside structures such as BBQ etc. (don't think they even know what a pizza oven). And my zoning department said since it isn't even on their "accesory structure" list I "could" build it right on the property line.

I should be good to go next spring.

I just think it depends on where you live. I'm a worrier by nature so this put me at ease.

Dick

Comment

Re: building permits

I inquired with my city building inspection office and was told much the same thing.....I guess that classifies as an outdoor B B Q, the only code that applies would be fire code - check with the fire dept.
      As it turns out, if this structure or any structure I build is under 100 sq ft (10 x 10 or or equivelent) , no building permit is required unless it involves plumbing or electrical (my oven has neither).
      As for the fire code (national fire code was quoted) - the chimney must rise 2 ft above the highest point of any structure within 10 ft. I build mine right at the 10 ft mark from my pool screen enclosure; to be safe I made the chimney 2 ft higher so there would be no question.

bottom line, it would be advisable to check on permits and code, I know there have been a couple of oven builders in south FL that DID have to have permits and build their ovens to certain code standards - but no issue for me near Tampa. Codes can and do vary by city or county.

RT

Comment

Working...
      X