web analytics
Building brick oven from existing brick grill - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Building brick oven from existing brick grill

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building brick oven from existing brick grill

Ok, I have been reading the forum for great info, but had a specific question. My family wants to build a brick wood burning oven. We are going to hire a mason to do it, but had some basic questions for anyone who can help.

We have an old unused brick grill in the corner of our yard when we moved in. We wanted to use it as a base since its sturdy (although not fire brick i dont think). Is that ok if the base isnt fire brick?

We spoke to a mason about adding a fire brick floor on top of it, then either a square or round dome on top also of fire brick.

Does there have to be clay on top? Also, i read there needs to be a special high heat mortar?

Lastly, do we have to have a door, or is it ok to be left open all the time.

Thanks for any info as we decide whether or not to pull the trigger!

My main concern was safety, so if any of this seems like it wont work, you wont hurt my feelings.

Thank you!