web analytics
Recommendation on Pizza Oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Recommendation on Pizza Oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation on Pizza Oven

Hello, new user - first post. This seems like a great forum and I could use some of your expertise.

I am in the process of building an outdoor cooking area that will consist of a Weber propane grill, wood burning pizza oven, and prep area.

My requirements for a WBO are fully assembled, moveable, proven, warranty backed, approximate cost of $2500 or under - AND makes a great pizza. My budget doesn't allow - and my needs don't require VPN specs - however I would like to make neapolitan and NY style pizza. I usually cook 2-3 pies at a time.

I have been doing some research and identified some possibilities including Forno Bravo Primerva & Strada, Alfa Forno 5 Minuti, and Forno Toscano Margherita.

Very interested in pros / cons of the above - or other recommendations.

Re: Recommendation on Pizza Oven

All of the forno bravo ovens are well engineered from a thermal standpoint, you'd likely be happy with any of them. The Alfa Forno ovens have the chimney exiting from the top of the dome, this is a poor design as you are losing most of the heat right over the pizza and there is no dome radiating heat downwards to the middle of the pizza.

Comment

I think you're going to have a tough time finding a fully assembled oven big enough for 3 pies in your price range. And get a shipping quote, it's gonna cost a lot to ship a big heavy item across country.

Comment

I agree with Paul... and if you want it movable you will need a very heavy duty stand with very strong axles and wheels - that alone could cost $1,000. These things are HEAVY! Can you put it in a fixed permanent location?

Comment

Working...
        X