web analytics
Rocket Burner - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Rocket Burner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Burner

Has anyone ever considered using a rocket burner to heat their oven? I've built a 3x4 foot vault black oven which we really enjoy. There's no better pizza than what comes from a wood fired oven -- and the breads -- WOW! We recently had a few friends over for a feed and baked 35 pizzas letting everyone "design your own." Everyone had a great time and are asking when the next bake off will be scheduled.

Anyhow, back to my question. I've been toying with the idea of incorporating a rocket burner in a new,not-so-large oven - maybe even of cob construction. (check 'em out online - there's quite a bit of interest in them for the permaculture group for home heaters). The firebox is below the oven, venting through the oven. A small, steady, virtually smokeless fire could be maintained all day with 1/10 the fuel and ash of the typical oven.

Re: Rocket Burner

There have been discussions on here about rocket burners in the past. Try a search; you'll find them.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Re: Rocket Burner

Good, thanks. Just what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
      X