web analytics
Add a grill grate to a FB Fireplace? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Add a grill grate to a FB Fireplace?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a grill grate to a FB Fireplace?

Has anyone ever fitted an FB fireplace with shelf supports on either side of the firebox, so that a (custom-made) iron grate could be slid in, over the coals, at a couple of different levels? Since the walls are straight, as opposed to angled as in some fireboxes, it would seem to be a possibility.

Re: Add a grill grate to a FB Fireplace?

Google Original Tuscan Grill........

Comment

Thanks, buckeye, I do have a Tuscan grill, but I find it to be a bit wobbly and the support system takes up a lot of space. My thought was to bolt some shelf supports into the firebrick in 3 positions, on either side. Say, 6, 9, and 12 inches above the firebox floor, then get a local welder to make me a grate out of cast iron (probably best to make 2 of them). Before I dive into this, I wanted to run it past some of the pros. Old Sunset how-to books from the 50's and sixties hint at such dual-purpose use of a fireplace.

Comment

Hi Brigit,

Thank you for your post and question. We do not recommend that you drill holes in your fireplace. Also, the FB outdoor fireplace is not designed to be cooked in.

Amber

Comment

This seems an easier solution

$86 at Amazon
          Attached Files
          My build progress
          My WFO Journal on Facebook
          My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
          X