web analytics
Vent Size - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Vent Size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent Size

I new to the board and can't believe the amount of great info here. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. I am making plans (based on the FB Pompeii Oven V 2.0) to build a 36" oven. I have a few "beginner questions":
    1. How deep does the opening "tunnel" need to be?
    2. I plan to use a clay flue liner for my chimney. How large of an opening do I need to make? Is 6" x 10" too large? Can I go smaller?
    3. How far away from the dome wall should the vent opening be?

Re: Vent Size

Originally posted by szv9n5 View Post
    I new to the board and can't believe the amount of great info here. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. I am making plans (based on the FB Pompeii Oven V 2.0) to build a 36" oven. I have a few "beginner questions":
    1. How deep does the opening "tunnel" need to be?
    2. I plan to use a clay flue liner for my chimney. How large of an opening do I need to make? Is 6" x 10" too large? Can I go smaller?
    3. How far away from the dome wall should the vent opening be?
    My oven entry is 15 inches deep (including the brick facade). The vent opening is 9 X 5 inches. I have an 8 inch clay tile flu. Many vent openings are a bit larger, but it works. HTH

Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
    Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
    An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X