web analytics
my build is underway - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

my build is underway

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my build is underway

Hi just a quick post to say hi. I am about to start building my 42" pomei oven. I picked up the bricks today, the vermicucrete is sett and i about to lay the cooking floor.

I am srill undescided about how i am going to build the dome. Is it better to use the indespensible tool or build a sand form. I just cant decide. With the sand i can dobuild faster but without it i can guarantee a better quality finish. I know i should probabpy trawl through but this forums posts seem cavernous.

Re: my build is underway

I just did my dome using a sand form. In hindsight I wish I used the tool, a little slower but able to clean the inside as you go.
    My 2 cents worth.

My vote is for the tool. use a mirror to check your work as you go.

Thanks for your help. I went for a polistyrene mould. I wrapped it in duck tape so there was no gaps. I have finished my dome but now a question about insulation.

I have three bags of perlite left over. As i am a tight yorksire man what thickness of vermiculite concrete will suffice as insulation? Or should i dip my fingers in my pocket and buy some blanket?

"what thickness of vermiculite concrete will suffice as insulation?"

4 inches of 12:1 mix is typical. I would not scrimp on the insulation, a well insulated oven will give you much better performance and versatility.