web analytics
Which tools? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Which tools?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tools?

My new WFO (48" ID) will arrive soon, and I am getting everything ready for that day. I have been making pizzas and using my perforated peel and perforated turning peel, so I will keep using them. My questions is, do I need these? If so, recommendations? Any others?
    • Ash rake
    • Ash shovel
    • Oven brush and scraper
    • Bubble popper

Thanks in advance.
    (BTW, I will post pics when it arrives)

Re: Which tools?

I bought the tool set from Forno Bravo and have been happy with it:

Pizza Oven Tool Sets :: Forno Bravo Store

Comment

There's another thread located at the link below with some useful stuff:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/...eas-17100.html

Comment

I see no need for the bubble popper - I think its pretty cool having them on the pizza.
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I built an ash slot/dump in front of the oven opening and use my brass bristle brush/scraper tool exclusively to clean my oven before baking bread (which has become my primary oven "event" - not pizza). Think about if you are going to put in an ash dump or simply clean out the oven the day after the pizza party. I'm spoiled now because I open the lid to my ash bin that's positioned below the ash slot, brush the ash & coals forward where they drop through the slot into the bin, close the bin cover and don't worry about the dead coals and ash until the bin's full (3-4 firings).

If you're just doing pizza, it doesn't seem like you'd need more than some kind of ash shovel for the day after cleanup. I did buy a pizza popper and have used it extensively-not for pizza popping-but for positioning pots & pans in & out of the cooking zone. The stainless steel of the popper makes it a pretty good (read strong & sturdy) tool when you need to hook that dutch oven or Cornish Game hens in a skillet that have been pushed deep into the oven.

I also picked up a 3' piece of 1/2" ID copper pipe and flattened it on one end. The flattened end gives me a little wider air path and increases the velocity of the outflow-makes for a great blow tube (bellows effect) to brighten up the coals when I'm starting or refreshing the fire. After brushing out the coals & ash, the tube also works well to literally blow the hearth floor clean prior to baking-rather than wiping it down with a damp cloth. The ash is lifted up and out the flue with the hot air from the oven.
          Last edited by SableSprings; 01-02-2012, 11:10 AM.
          Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
          Roseburg, Oregon ( www.sablesprings.com )

Photo albums
          (working on restoration after web site upgrade )

Comment

Working...
          X