web analytics
Cladding, hold the cracks - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Cladding, hold the cracks

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cladding, hold the cracks

I have a barrel vault. Foundation started at 6' x 6'. I left a 5" setback ledge when I poured the hearth slab. Herringbone floor(only flat - 2.5") Oven is 3 arch courses then the transition of maybe 8" and the 9" arch.
    I think I overheated my oven during curing. I did not think that the "little" bit of wood would raise it that high. It cleared a fair amount of the soot. This was the 2nd cure. I noticed long cracks in outside of dome. very small tho. I have 2 parge coats of high temp flue set on outside. I have a 6:1 vermiculite cement insulation layer over that with about 1.5" - 2" on sides and about 4" on top.
    Question: what is the next insulation layer I should put on and ratio. wire mesh or not? This will have steel stud and concrete board for the enclosure with render on vault and cast stone on rest.

I should have pics let up soon.