web analytics
Fireclay or Orcoset - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Fireclay or Orcoset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireclay or Orcoset

I knew I would be on here sooner or later that I would be on here with a question. This is a great forum. I just poured the insulating layer today, also tried to buy my fire clay and this is what I ran into. In Green Bay the three brick suppliers will not carry dry fireclay. So I am stuck with Orcoset ($89 a 3 gal pale). Now the question is the base is supposed to be a mix of sand and fireclay to set the oven floor. Can I use this Orcoset for this?. Thanks for any insite.

Steve

Re: Fireclay or Orcoset

Originally posted by HummerGB View Post
    I knew I would be on here sooner or later that I would be on here with a question. This is a great forum. I just poured the insulating layer today, also tried to buy my fire clay and this is what I ran into. In Green Bay the three brick suppliers will not carry dry fireclay. So I am stuck with Orcoset ($89 a 3 gal pale). Now the question is the base is supposed to be a mix of sand and fireclay to set the oven floor. Can I use this Orcoset for this?. Thanks for any insite.

Steve
    I found fireclay at two locations: A pottery store and a local refractory (hawthorne bond fireclay).
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
    Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
    An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X