web analytics
Small cracks in Refractory Mortar - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Small cracks in Refractory Mortar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small cracks in Refractory Mortar

Hoping for some advice. I have assembled a Casa 2G90 and after firing it I am starting to see small cracks in the mortar on the joints. Followed the firing instructions and I do not think that I went too hot too soon. My thoughts are that I did not get the mortar mixed to the right consistency when I applied it. One of the spots where the mortar is cracking also seems to move when you push on it like there is an air pocket underneath. I have read some posts and understand that some cracking is normal but I am still at a point where I could try to remove and apply more mortar if that is necessary. Any tips would be good. I have attached a couple of pics.
    Attached Files

Re: Small cracks in Refractory Mortar

Hi Lethal,

From what I can see the mortared joint looks fine. Please call me at 1-800-407-5119 ext 14

Thanks,
    Heidi

Comment

Working...
    X