web analytics
Primavera70 on Brick Patio - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Primavera70 on Brick Patio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primavera70 on Brick Patio

I'm considering placing a Primavera 70 on my brick patio. The patio is 6 years old (settled) and the paver bricks are sanded in-place (no mortar).

I want to build an oven base using cinder block. The questions that bug me are:

Will the weight of the blocks + oven damage the patio? I really don't want to remove bricks and pour a slab. I don't want to pour a slab at all if it can be avoided.

Is there any issue with leaving the cinder blocks un-cemented on the bottom level (so there's no cement bonding them to the brick)...but bonding the cinder blocks on all the other rows?

I like the look of textured cinder blocks (rocky/uneven surface). But how would I seal the top forms so the concrete wouldn't leak through (if they were standard cinder block, the wood forms would be flush against them).

If I use textured cinder block, how can I make a nice, seamless-looking area above the wood storage opening? Using those metal arch supports is nice for standard cinder block because you can cover/hide it with a million different things, but I can't think of a way to hide a support bar or support the block if I use the textured stuff?

Any ideas are really appreciated.
Working...
X