web analytics
help finding materials to build an oven, in Auckland NZ - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

help finding materials to build an oven, in Auckland NZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help finding materials to build an oven, in Auckland NZ

Hi.
    Very new to all this and looking to build a oven on back deck, anyone in Auckland NZ know best place to source the bricks and associated materials to build my oven.

Many thanks

Re: help finding materials to build an oven, in Auckland NZ

Check out Andreco-Hurl refractory installers.

Comment

I'm in Hamilton.
      The cheapest new fire bricks I found are at Huntly Placemakers $6.55NZ/Brick. If we want cheaper new bricks then just wait for one of their '15% off everything' sales.
      You can get second-hand fire bricks from places like Trademe etc
      The cheapest vermiculite I found was at Switched on Gardner for $55NZ/100 litres.

Regards Andrew

Comment

REfractory materials of many types and this includes insulation are available from Shinigawa (spelling???) in Huntly. Bricks are about $5, and insulation is about $110 per 7.5m roll. Pretty good.
        Cheers - Andy

Comment

Working...
        X