web analytics
mobile oven question - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

mobile oven question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mobile oven question

    A few times in France, I have seen mobile pizza oven trucks, selling pizza in campsites and villages, moving from place to place, Do you think they light the fire back at base and drive the trucks with the fire burning or what? Thank's

  • #2
    Re: mobile oven question

    I would doubt they travel with a lit fire, probably mostly gas heated until they get to the campsites.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: mobile oven question

      Is it easy to install a gas burner into a wood oven which will also burn wood?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: mobile oven question

        We discourage discussion of gas burners in home-built ovens. They are potentially unsafe.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: mobile oven question

          Originally posted by sonomacast View Post
          A few times in France, I have seen mobile pizza oven trucks, selling pizza in campsites and villages, moving from place to place, Do you think they light the fire back at base and drive the trucks with the fire burning or what? Thank's
          My guess is they travel with the fire burning...think simple here, if it were you would you have a close fitting door that contains the fire securely or have an additional elaborate propane system just for going between sites?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: mobile oven question

            Originally posted by Grimaldi View Post
            My guess is they travel with the fire burning...think simple here, if it were you would you have a close fitting door that contains the fire securely or have an additional elaborate propane system just for going between sites?
            If you had a close fitting door, wouldn't the fire go out for lack of oxygen?
            Toby

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: mobile oven question

              Originally posted by charger10s View Post
              If you had a close fitting door, wouldn't the fire go out for lack of oxygen?
              Not with an air vent in the right place...you could have air and have it positioned to keep the fire contained, IMO.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: mobile oven question

                The gas burner needs to be accompanied with a flame failure device.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

                Comment

                Working...
                X