web analytics
Outer Arch Size - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Outer Arch Size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outer Arch Size

I have some pre-cut arches(4) made of firebrick that I am using for my arches.

My inside height is close to 21 inches, I have mocked up the outer arches to be about 13 1/4" high. I think that is the correct ratio.

My question is this: My arch's horizontal measuremt is 21 1/2 inches.

The finished arch opening is 13 1/4 inches high X 21 1/2 inches wide. I am pretty committed to these measurements. What problems, if any, am I going to experience and what can I do to limit them?, due to the fact that I have stuck myself to these measurements.

Thanks,

Derk
    Attached Files

Re: Outer Arch Size

How big is the oven?

Comment

36 1/2 deep, 27 wide.

Comment

Complete dimensions:

Barrel inside height 21 inches, width, 27 inches, depth(length) 36 1/2 inches.

Outer arches: 13 1/4 inches high, 21 inches wide.

Comment

It looks good to me, did you offset the opening to the entry?

Comment

That was my next item to consider. The arches reduce the vault opening by 3 inches on each side, that makes the offset on the inside, but the second set of arches is the same size as the first and I am a little lacking on the length of my hearth. Can I get buy with a plug type door or should I put some more effort in designing some kind of off set to butt the door against?

Comment

What I have found is that a flaming fire is required to cook more than 3 or 4 pizzas. My offset is 4" which is just barely enough to hold coals and 2 small logs. Next time, the offset will be about 6", and the opposite side of the entry arch will be flush with the vault.

Comment

I could reduce the opening and make a offset by cutting and adding another arch with split firebrick. Do you think that it would be worth the effort to reduce that 21 inch wide opening to something smaller? I am hoping to become educated and manage the heat much like you do and take the most advantage of it as I can. I have my mothers old ceramic kiln that is made up of lighweight insulating firebrick and I am thinkink of using it as the insulation in a door.

Comment

I just had a thought, mabey I could slide my arches off to one side like you are in your next build, making the arch flush with one side and a large offset on the other. That would make it 6 inches on one side. I will mock it up and post pictures tomorrow.

Hope your 4th was great!!

Comment

That is what I mean by offset. The entry arch is off set to one side of the main vault. I did so 4" on the left, but left 1" on the right instead of flushing it up with the vault. It was a mistake.

Comment

Here is the latest idea.

Arch is flush on left side with a 6 inch offset on the right.

Update: The arches are done, hope it will work ok.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Derkp; 07-06-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Entry Arches complete, Flush on Left, 6 " offset on right.

Flue is next.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X