web analytics
Indespnesable Tool - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Indespnesable Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indespnesable Tool

I was wondering if someone could point me to a thread that tells how to make it???

Chris

Re: Indespnesable Tool

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...heme-2985.html

Comment

My variation was to screw a block of wood onto the plywood inner circle form which was placed on the floor of the oven. A 3/4 inch hole was bored in the exact center, and a piece of 3/4 inch steel rod from the junkyard was placed in the hole. A 75 cent hardware store hinge was welded to the rod, and then a piece of threaded rod (1/2-13) was welded to the other side of the hinge. A washer and two nuts on the opposite end of the threaded rod kept the washer at exactly 18 inches radius, and made for a nearly ferfect hemispherical dome. I would rest the inner edge of the bricks on the washer until the set in place, and move to the next.

Comment

Mine is simular. I bolted a thin piece of plywood (Luan) to the smallest lazy susan I could find at HomeDepot. I then took a straight 2 x 2 square piece of wood cut to 21" in length. This I then screwed a small hinge to the back side and down to the lazy susan. On the other end I screwed in a small mounting angle that would help me determine some of the angle cuts needed.

Comment

I wouldn't count out just drilling an 1/8 inch hole in the brick floor. It isn't what I did but it sure makes the tool easy and whatever hole is drilled it'll fill with ash during the curing fires.

Just a thought.

Chris

Comment

There are so many different variations of this tool, they all seem to work quite well.

George
            George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

There are even some that are adjustable so you can achieve the elliptical shape some consider optimal for a pizza oven.

Comment

Does anyone sell these tools?
                Jay

Comment

Not that I'm aware of.. As stated earlier, They're not complicated things, they just hold the brick at a set distance from the center point of the hemisphere. Before Hendo built his, the tool was a string from the center point.

See
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...idea-2573.html

C

Comment

After I am done with mine I would be more then willing to sell it to you. Now let me see how much I would charge:
                    1. 21" 2x2 straight stick - Cost ? found in scrap bin
                    2. Small hinge - Cost ? found in junk door.
                    3. Small lazy susan - Cost about $2.00 from HomeDepot
                    4. 1/8" thk piece of luan plywood for mounting- Cost ? found in garage
                    5. Small angle mounting bracket- cost ? found in junk door
                    6. Intellectual property - Cost $11,526.13

And you pay shipping and handling lol.

Comment

Gosh gdest, you must be a gov. supplier..
                      :-)

C

Comment

^^^...lol...
                        George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Thanks I love wise guy answers
                          Jay

Comment

Gary:

This is Lee Bahr over here in Kingwood. Is your indispensable tool sold? If not your price looks like a good deal to me!

Thanks for the call. I can help you next Sunday, but not Saturday, if you plan to work on the oven then. (I am going to a radio "swap meet" Saturday. Normally I could help on a Saturday or Sunday, or for that matter any week day as I am retired. I do go to my lake house just about every day to work on it, but I'll take some time off to help you.

I have not started my oven as yet. I'm interested in seeing yours and helping a bit.

Give me another call when you are back. Got neighbors over here right now. Can't stay on the computer or phone right now.

Used to travel all the time too. I was in sales as a sales manager for Gilbarco. They make most of the service station gas pumps amoung a zillion related things. Called on oil companies, jobbers and distributors. Age is 72 now. Still get around like a young guy. Been building my lake house for 8 years. It should be finished later this year, or at least close to it.

Lee Bahr
                            cellphone: 281-543 3409

Comment

Working...
                            X