web analytics
cleaning the grease pipe(chimney) - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community



Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

cleaning the grease pipe(chimney)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cleaning the grease pipe(chimney)

    Hello, I have an indoor wood burning oven that was installed in my remodeled kitchen. I have had it for 5 years, have never cooked in it, but use all the time as a fire place. I would like to start cooking in it. What is the best way to clean the grease pipe. The pipe goes straight up 2 stories and exits through the roof. Thank you for any help and suggestions. fgraham13

  • #2
    Re: cleaning the grease pipe(chimney)

    I guess my first question would be why do you think there's grease in your chimney? If you're questioning the safety of the chimney because of potential or suspected creosote build-up, I'd consult a professional and have it cleaned if that is their recommendation.
    My understanding of a wood fired pizza oven is that they burn so hot that there isn't typically an issue with creosote build up. That said, because yours is an indoor oven and you say you've been using it as a fireplace, I think your concern is valid and I would definitely have it inspected regardless of whether you intend to cook in it or not.