web analytics
Hearth insulation query - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Hearth insulation query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearth insulation query

Hi,

My name is Shane and I have just started curing my new oven. Unfortunately it is not a Forno Bravo as I found it hard to find someone in my area (Western Australia). I found another company that I found to be excellent and have just completed a great install. I managed to build the base but had the manufacturer complete the construction of the oven. Today I managed a larger fire than I have over the last three days and noticed that there was heat on the underside of my slab. I could manage to hold my hand against the tin but only for about 20 seconds before it became intolerable. The slab is approximately 100mm thick. The manufacturer installed a ceramic insulation matt and then the hearth went on top of that. My concern is that the concrete may be getting too hot. Is this a concern? And what is the maximum temp that concrete can sustain before I should be concerned?

Any help here would be appreciated.

P.S. I have also been known to be a worry wart so feel free to let me know if I am over reacting.
Working...
X