web analytics
Native Texas Plant Tour - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Native Texas Plant Tour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Texas Plant Tour

I know this is super late notice, but our home is going to be on the Native Texas Plant Tour on 5-20 from 10am - 5pm. If any members or guests are in the Dallas/Fort-Worth area, please try to come by.

I am going to fire up the oven and make pizza and other goodies...my caputo arrived just in time. The dough looks like it came out really nice. I loaded up on fresh cow's milk mozz, buffalo mozz, sausage, peppers, etc. Last year we probably had 100 people come through - although I can't feed that many!

So if you want to see an oven in operation - definitely come check it out. I'll post pics after the event.

If anyone is in the vicinity send me a private message or email jjerrier@mac.com and I'll give you directions.

Tour

jjerier,

Sorry to miss the tour. Sounds very fine and great wood fired food, too. I was in Indio, CA, in February a few years back when the desert was in full bloom; never forget it. Native Texas plants sound very interesting indeed.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Make sure to post some pics of your bakery opening!

Hopefully this is a good sign, but an artisan bakery named Voila! just opened here in Allen, Texas. It was started by a German guy who was disappointed in the quality of local breads...so he just decided to open a bakery. Does not have a wood oven - but the breads are amazing and the place is always packed. They do sandwhiches and salads too.

Comment

Darn

JJerier,

Too bad about the short notice . I could have been there with a bit more time to prepare. Anytime I can justify a drive into Dallas I go. Oh, and if there is good pizza waiting for me, then that's justification enough!

Oh well, maybe next time. I hope you had fun, it sounds like it would have been a nice time.

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X