web analytics
Where does the vent go? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Where does the vent go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does the vent go?

Well, finally got to the fun part. Laid the floor and first course today. I built a full arch for the entry and am confused where I should place the chimney. The depth of the fire chamber is 16". I'm doing a 42 inch round oven and wondering where would be the optimum location for the chimney in relation to the inside radius of the oven.

By the way , today I found some 4" red clay hex pipe for the smokestack. Gonna give this baby dual exhaust Thanks for the help

Re: Where does the vent go?

The flue goes in your entry, not in the dome. Have you looked at the plans?

That four inch clay tile is probably drain tile, not refractory material. It may crack at high heat.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

And further to dmun's comment, it will not be sufficient (nor 2 of them) to vent a 42" oven.
      You need a minimum of 8" diameter flue to prevent smoke coming out of your front arch!!!

Rastys
      Last edited by Rastys; 05-02-2009, 04:53 PM.
      If you don't succeed the first time, try again and again until you get it right!

Comment

the vent goes out of the main pitt. if there are external side vents that wouldn't be good since the heat would not be concentrated and that would be a cause of unbalanced cooking.
        anaheim ducks, clean clampers

Comment

Working...
        X