web analytics
A Forno is born - Escondido, CA - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

A Forno is born - Escondido, CA

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Forno is born - Escondido, CA

First post
    We finished the dome yesterday
    after a four day effort
    (the base was poured a few weeks ago)

I would like to thank FB forum members
    for all the cumulative knowledge here
    what a great resource

Our oven is being built at La Milpa Organica farm
    in Escondido California

We have outgrown the three-year old clay oven
    you can see in the background of one of the build photos

We are hoping to have it insulated and clad tomorrow (done)
    and baking a week later

Longer term we plan to put a tile mosaic mural on it

construcution notes:

The bricks were laid without using a form
    We found that a protractor cut to the shape of the dome's inside contour was helpful in positioning and supporting bricks as they were laid

I didn't see this nifty device while reading the forum so
    perhaps here's my contribution to the art:

Z shaped sheet metal clips tied to a 18" long string with a brick counter weight on the other end that hooked to the newly set bricks
    The clips held the bricks in place for a few minutes while the mortar set
    my phpGraphy site

The Duratech anchor plate was attached using both expanding anchors
    (only lightly but snugly set) and Tapcon screws. This seemed a straightforward solution and the bricks did not seem too brittle for the fasteners.

Again thank you everyone here
    for you help

Re: A Forno is born - Escondido, CA

Great job - I should have patented the BS, but hey, if it works, lets use it! The use of the clip is absolutely brilliant! I thought I was outside the box using hot melt glue....

Check out my pictures here:

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.