web analytics
Greetings from Mid Michigan - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 3 < >

Forum Page Loading Response

Forum Members:

We have received feedback regarding recent issues with page loading response time. We believe the slow response issue stems from the analytics we added with the new Forum. We are in the process of reconfiguring those elements and, after an approximate 24-hour time period for the reconfiguration to run, we anticipate a return to normal page load times. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 3 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
3 of 3 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Greetings from Mid Michigan

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Mid Michigan

What a wonderful site. I'm researching WFOs construction and operations. We are in the planning stages of a Licensed kitchen for maple syrup,jams and jellies, sorghum syrup, honey and a bakery. I believe that there is a movement for local food and it will only get stronger with the last tomatoe and beef recalls. People want to know who the maker/baker is and I'm hoping that this will devople into my retirement job. Keep up the good work and I will keep gleaning info as we go along and maybe someday I can be a guru at this art form.

Re: Greetings from Mid Michigan

Welcome to the forum! Keep reading, you'll soon be hooked and will be planning your own WFO!

Where are you in Mid Michigan? I live in Saginaw. I'm just starting my construction (well, I started quite awhile ago, but I'm not very far!).
    Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
    My oven build thread

Welcome firetech! I'm on the other side of the lake, in mid Wisconsin. I agree with your thoughts about local food. Don't forget the added effects of gas prices - it's getting expensive to ship anything across the country. I'm just not sure I can give up those great Michigan blueberries and peaches! (I grew up near the lake by the Indiana/Michigan border; fruit central!)
      Picasa web album
      Oven-building thread

Welcome to the forum
        I run a small scale jam/jelly/syrup operation ( besides my pizza oven obsession) and found it to be a great deal of fun to create things that my customers request. I am in the process of making root beer jelly and Crannana jam ( bannanas and cranberries). Here is a link to the pectin company I use. Even if you do not use them they have a great technical helps page and are great people to work with.

Pacific Pectin - Home

I think you are right that people want to know who is making their food. I have been doing this for about 10 years and the demand is going up, despite the fact that my prices are higher than Costco. I promote my product as a premium Hand-Made product and actually encourage my customers to go to Wal-Mart. If they are looking for cheap nasty tasting strawberry jam ( made with high frutose corn syrup) - then Wally World is your store. However, if you want a high quality, hand made cranberry applebutter, come see me.
        Cane sugar is making a comeback - look at Jones soda sales
        Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

welcome....hope you can post some photos of your operations....
          and the oven build too!
          Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane