web analytics
indoor installation :do they smoke - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

I'm Peter Reinhart! Ask Me Anything! Monday, February 15, 2016 7:00-8:00 pm EST

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

Ask Me Anything New Forum Feature

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

indoor installation :do they smoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indoor installation :do they smoke

We are considering installing a wood burning bake oven in our kitchen. Do they smoke and if so are there practical ways to mitigate the smoke such as an electric exhaust fan like those on range hoods? KL

Re: indoor installation :do they smoke

Lots of people do it.
    I know my outside oven smokes a bunch through the front, before the chimney heats up and draws the smoke up...

I don't think I would put one in my house, but, like I said, lots of people do...
    My thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
    My costs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
    My pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Get profession help in designing and building it.

-mr.jim
      --mr.jim
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      The real art of conversation is not only to say the correct thing at the right time, but also to leave
      unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

With a properly made and used draft door, the amount of smoke that actually comes into the kitchen will be minimal and only at start up. This is supposing that only well cured hard wood is used. Wet, improperly cured or resinous woods will always smoke to some extent. The efficient design of FB pizza ovens results in fires that burn hot and clean, so smoke should not be a problem, no more so than a well designed fireplace anyway.

You neither need nor want an exhaust fan.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Hey Kluber,
          have you started your project yet? I too am considering an oven in my kitchen..well the oven will be outside, cause of heat, but we want the opening to be in our kitchen...

Comment

I know two couples in northern california who have put WFO in their kitchens. They have not had a problem. Correct fire starting procedures are important, dry cured wood, kindling, etc.

One of the couples also has a WFO outdoors. Both are made from a competitor of Forno Bravo, but I quite sure that Forno Bravo has a number of their WFO's indoores also.

If I was remodeling I would definitely put on inside, even though we have about 10 months of great weather a year here in southern Californai.

James? Care to jump in and give us your insight on inside installations

Comment

Hi Richard,

That all sounds right. You definitely can have indoor WF ovens, and we have a number of customers who have done that. Here is a response I wrote in another posting on indoor ovens that should be helpful.

I've had an indoor oven, and used it all the time.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/6/ne...en-3695-2.html

James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
              X