web analytics
Hello from Seattle - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

New Forno Bravo Forum Feature

Forno Bravo Forum Community,

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

Hello from Seattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Seattle

My husband and I are building a 36" oven. We haven't decided on the height yet, but after reading some posts we may go with a taller oven just in case we want to cook that beer can chicken!

We are currently laying out the arch and are having a tough time deciding on the style and the approach. It seems to be a difficult part to photograph and clearly describe how to install it. We like the look of a few flat bricks and then an arch with a keystone in the center. We will keep poking around the site and see what we find.

This community has been so helpful and generous with their time, I thank you for helping all those before me so I can benefit from your responses!

Looking forward to our first brick oven pie! I built a mud oven in '08, but it is just too small and is cracking terribly. Forno Bravo made the brick oven seem possible. Thanks

Re: Hello from Seattle

Welcome!

A 36" oven will be plenty tall to cook that beer-can chicken. You'd have to go to extraordinary lengths to make it too short, as it's harder to make an dome lower than it is to make it higher.

I'm in Seattle too. LMK if you need guidance on getting materials.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Re: Hello from Seattle

Hey DeeJah I resemble those remarks..... mine is lower and posed a few curly ones.
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Working...
      X