web analytics
Newbie Buying Advice - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Newbie Buying Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Buying Advice

I am blown away at this forum. Kudos to the team at FB! I live in SoCal, am a somewhat accomplished chef , and a year ago completed a total remodel of my indoor kitchen - right before I fell in love with WFOs. I am now planning a backyard remodel, and have decided to add one outdoors.

I am in a bit of a quandry, and would welcome some advice. I have been offered a professional 48" (120m in. dia) modular WFO for $2K, less than a third of what it would cost new. On the face of it, it looks like too good a deal to pass up, except for the fact it may be overkill and way too inefficient for the way I will use it.

So here's my info:

1. Looking for a modular oven for outdoor custom install. I have OK construction skills, but do not want to build one from scratch.
    2. Estimated use: Pizza: twice a week, once a month for medium parties (8-10), and 3 times a year for large parties (25-50). Also bread baking about 5 lbs. a week, and occasional roasts etc.
    3. Based on reading up as much as I can on this site, and consulting manufacturers websites, it looks like a 36' oven would be about right for me.
    4. My one big concern is heat-up time. I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot less if it takes 3 hrs. to get to 750 deg. I live in a very high fire area (back yard is right up against a hill), and will probably not be comfortable with leaving a live fire outdoors unattended.

I'm currently leaning towards the Casa80 ($3K incl tax/shipping) or Premio100 ($4K). This will be installed next to an outdoor tandoor (a hi-temp Indian clay oven, with coal heat from below), which I wanted to put indoors, but could not get approved by local authorities. I welcome all and any advice - especially on the decision to give up the deal on the commercial oven. It goes against the grain to pay 1 or 2 grand more for a smaller oven.

On a separate note, I noticed that the acronym for WFOs is pronounced woofers. I picked my username WUFFO based on an old skydiving term for non-skydivers: as an I don't understand why you do this - what for (wuffo?)!
Working...
X