web analytics
Primavera on my deck - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Primavera on my deck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primavera on my deck

Hi from the Chicago suburbs,

I am preparing my raised deck for a Primavera 70. I will be tiling a large area to hold the oven, have studied all the install stories here and am pretty much ready to go. Has anyone tiled their deck for their oven? I am interested in any pictures to see how it came out, anything I should know going in.

Thanks

Re: Primavera on my deck

I too have a primavera on my deck. I used to have it on a brick paver patio and recently moved it to a deck. I do not have tiling under it because I was concerned both about weight and about tiles cracking and the possibility of embers getting hidden and then fed with oxygen from underneath. Instead I was considering using fire retardant rugs like those available for hearths and then just picking them up & putting away when the oven was not in use.

I have another question for you: are you considering using a spark arrester for you chimney, & what about the door?

Thanks
    Trish

Comment

Re: Primavera on my deck

Hi,

I am tiling a 50 sq ft corner of my deck, crosswise to the prevailing winds. Any sparks should go out into our 3 acre back yard, so no worries about neighbors. I hadn't thought about a spark arrestor, but I will now, because you can't be too careful, thanks. As soon as the weather permits here in the midwest, I'll be getting at it.

I'll be using this TI-PROBOARD™ Lets You Tile Anywhere as underlayment for the tile, I am not worried about weight or tile cracking. I (over)built the deck myself and will be adding some strategic reinforcement, but really, it won't be more weight than a few large guys standing around.

As for the oven door, I am replacing my wooden railings with wrought iron and will have a hanger on the railing for the door.

Still looking for any pictures.

davis

Comment

Working...
      X