web analytics
Hi from York, UK - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Hi from York, UK

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from York, UK

Just started researching next summers project (hopefully).

I LOVE pizza and am really looking forwards to recreating the ones we had on the Amalfi coast.

This is a great resource.

Hope to be posting progress pics in 2013.

Re: Hi from York, UK

Hi Paul
    Welcome, just a quick question - what are the price of cinder blocks / breeze blocks back there. I am an ex pat and they are asking equivilent of 3 quid each (just noticed I dont have a pound sign key on my keyboard either, doh)?
    All the best with your project, I have just laid a base for mine, see the gallery
    Cheers - Andy Bring on summer

Hi Andy,

I must admit to not looking at breeze blocks yet. Just been planning the dome.
      Hopefully we will be having an extension built next year, so I will probably get the builders to pour the foundation and build the base. I'll take over to pour the hearth and construct the dome.

Still need to finalise my ideas, but fancy an igloo design decorated in mosaics as I have seen on here.

From a quick search:

Breeze blocks: approx 1.50 each, but depends on size

Firebricks: 1.29 each from Firebricks

Hopefully this year we will have a summer!

If you haven't already, download the free FornoBravo pompeli plans. It is a great baseline to help you plan your oven. Looking forward to seeing your build in 2013.

Link to my Picasa Album