web analytics
Another Newbie - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Another Newbie

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hiya. I love the idea of an WFO and I've got to say this web site is an impressive resource of information. I've downloaded the plans (thank you Forno Bravo) and will take my time to read through it. I'm 90% sure I want to build one of these, the first question is where to site it. I have the perfect place in a kitchen garden just to the side of the house, which is convenient for access to the kitchen, but I'm wondering if its too close to my house which is timber frame with a timber decking 30ft away? The other possible location is 150ft away near a summerhouse, the only downside being its further away!

Anyway if I take the plunge and go for it, I'll start a new thread and invite comments as I go along. Regards Chris.

Re: Another Newbie

I would think thirty feet would be plenty far. I don't know what your local building codes require but I have not heard of requirements that far.

Keep in mind prevailing winds when choosing a site if possible. I find that winds blowing side to side across the front tend to pull a little smoke out the front when you first light the oven. Ideally the oven would face directly away from the prevailing wind...and consider that your chminey will be putting out smoke (and a bit of soot) upon start up so it would be nice to have the prevailing downwind area be somewhat clear.

Re: Another Newbie

Welcome aboard! Love your user name! <insert laughing smilie here>
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka