web analytics
Hello from Maine - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Hello from Maine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Maine

. I have never seen a wfo in person, but the idea of building/having one has always appealed to me. After last years kneading conference was talked about in our local newspaper (I would have attended had I known, I'm about 30 Min's away) I decided to commit to building one.

I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted and how to build it. Then I found this forum yesterday and realized I HAVE A TON TO LEARN

I have been reading here a lot but have not found much on what style of oven is the best for overall cooking (pizza, bread, roast, etc). Any thoughts on that? My Main focus is pizza, but I would like to experiment with other things.

Any other Mainers here? I'm in Pittsfield, a one stop light town just North of Waterville.

Re: Hello from Maine

Originally posted by Gene travis Bickford View Post
    . I have never seen a wfo in person, but the idea of building/having one has always appealed to me. After last years kneading conference was talked about in our local newspaper (I would have attended had I known, I'm about 30 Min's away) I decided to commit to building one.

I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted and how to build it. Then I found this forum yesterday and realized I HAVE A TON TO LEARN

I have been reading here a lot but have not found much on what style of oven is the best for overall cooking (pizza, bread, roast, etc). Any thoughts on that? My Main focus is pizza, but I would like to experiment with other things.

Any other Mainers here? I'm in Pittsfield, a one stop light town just North of Waterville.
    GTB

Getting advice about the best all around 'style' of oven is like asking whether to buy a Ford or Chevy

Most here are sold on the traditional Italian oven, with its thousands of years of use. I suggest you build a pompeii oven and tailor it to your interests. If you want to cook bread, you can make a thicker floor and put a little more mass on the outside of your dome, that is all the tweaking yo need do. If you want just pizza, you can make the top of the dome a little more flat (as opposed to hemispherical). In any case, the answers are in the pompeii plans. You can find a link to download them at the blue link in my signature.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
    Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
    An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X