web analytics
"HI" From Ventura California - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

"HI" From Ventura California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "HI" From Ventura California

I have just purchased a Primavera 60. It's been cured and used three times now. I'm starting to get a feel for it, but have a long way to go in the oven management department.

For dough, I'm using an Italian culture from Sourdough international. I mix and let it rise in the fridge for 1-3 days. Still perfecting this as well.

I have made crushed tomato sauce and a home made "cooked" type sauce and still experiment with this.

One of my favorite pizzas is pickled Jalapeno chips and pepperoni with a mix of fresh and dry mozz.
    Attached Files

Re: "HI" From Ventura California

Congratulations!

Once a year, Fornobravo puts on a show out there in California. Keep an eye out and try to attend. A lot to learn and most of it is on display and demonstration during that few days.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
    Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
    An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: "HI" From Ventura California

Thanks Lee, I will look into the show!

Comment

Working...
      X