web analytics
Modeling The Oven Try One - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Modeling The Oven Try One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modeling The Oven Try One

Hi all,
    I have decided to build a brick oven. I am going to go at it by sourcing all the materials locally. I have two very good places within a couple miles that carry everything that will be needed.

I have taken the time to try to model my oven in 3D as a way to work out some details in my head. The biggest thing is the chimney. If anyone could take a look at the linked video and give me some thoughts. I am trying to avoid an arched front, since I really don't like the look.

Thanks!

-Jake
    YouTube - Jake's Brick Oven Version 1

Re: Modeling The Oven Try One

Nice modeling. It's good to see the original half-brick, angle iron style is still in consideration. Not every oven needs to be a work of art.

Your chimney will work better if you angle the bricks on the sides over the entry to form a "funnel" for your flue gasses.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Re: Modeling The Oven Try One

Thanks for the sugggestion. I've attempted version two here:

YouTube - ‪Jake's Brick Oven Version 2‬‏

Comment

Working...
      X