web analytics
hello from florida - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

hello from florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from florida

My name is Andrew, I llive in Winter Haven, Fl. I was searching for homemade brick bbq's and found this site. I work for a wholesale pool supply distributor. We recently started carrying Primo grills and have one at work that we grill on. The Primo rep baked a couple of pizzas on the pizza stone and I was amazed at how good it made an ordinary pizza taste. I used to have a big green egg and I have a hibatchi style clay grill that my Grandfather used on hunting trips many decades ago. I have access to portland cement, perlite, vermiculite and mortar through work. I always enjoy building my own rather than buying something. From what I have read so far, this seems to a wealth of info for "diy". I quess now my bbq is going to have pizza oven off to one side of it.

Welcome

A lot to learn about wood fired ovens....This is a great place to hang out and get an education
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
    Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
    An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: hello from florida

Andrew,

I'm a newbee as well in Central Fl. Do you have a source for the fire bricks yet?

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Have you found a supplier who sells medium duty firebrick? I'm in S FL.

Originally posted by athorn View Post
        My name is Andrew, I llive in Winter Haven, Fl. I was searching for homemade brick bbq's and found this site. I work for a wholesale pool supply distributor. We recently started carrying Primo grills and have one at work that we grill on. The Primo rep baked a couple of pizzas on the pizza stone and I was amazed at how good it made an ordinary pizza taste. I used to have a big green egg and I have a hibatchi style clay grill that my Grandfather used on hunting trips many decades ago. I have access to portland cement, perlite, vermiculite and mortar through work. I always enjoy building my own rather than buying something. From what I have read so far, this seems to a wealth of info for "diy". I quess now my bbq is going to have pizza oven off to one side of it.

Comment

Hi..This angelina..I found this forum when i was searching for the diamond blades..And this forum gives a lot of stuff on wood fired ovens..

Comment

Hi..I got this forum when i was searching for diamond blades on the net..This forum gives a lot of information about the wood fired ovens..I hope i can learn more things from this forum..

Comment

Working...
            X