web analytics
Texas Sourdough - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Texas Sourdough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Sourdough

Greetings Y'all!

I built an oven based on a Casa 100 shell in the spring of 2005. My oven has an extra inch of refractory cement over the shell for extra mass. Heating for pizza usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Bread seems to work better with a minimum of an hour and a half (or more) to load more heat into the refractory.

My main passion is bread though pizza is definitely an interest. I tend to make bread indoors using a cloche or a Hearthkit. (glad to offer comments on both) I generally don't want to make enough bread to reasonably fill the oven and thereby get the humidity one wants for a really great crust. I strongly prefer the brick oven for pizza!

As an aside, I have a mill and make some of my own flour.

I will be glad to share my experiences with the group.

Happy Baking!
    Jay

Hey Jay,
    Great to see you here! Now I get to see some photos of your beautiful bread.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
    X