web analytics
Aussie too (well, almost) - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Aussie too (well, almost)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie too (well, almost)

Hello there!

Just realised there is an Introductions thread, so I better follow protocol (after firing off heaps of queries at unsuspecting senior members)...

I am German, in Australia since 1971, father of four and married for 42 years to a very patient Italian ragazza called Bianca (these days she only blows her stack when I utter the word 'stone oven').

While trying to repair an expensive Aussie electric oven for the umpteenth time (failed this time) I thought of building an old-fashioned wood-fired bread-baking oven for us.

I discovered this excellent ideas exchange, and my plans are slowly coming together - just hope I can finish it while I'm still only 70...

Carioca

NB: We've been baking our own sourdough bread for perhaps 30 years now, 2 or 3 times a week. My favourite is a wholemeal-wheatgrain-rye meal loaf - snap attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by carioca; 12-09-2006, 02:39 PM. Reason: cutting the cackle :-)
    "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

good on 'ya

Comment

Working...
    X