web analytics
oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven

I built a pizza oven from scratch spring '09. Sorry, it was not a Forno Bravo oven. Built from Rado's plans I obtained from Traditional Ovens website.
    It was functional early summer '09. I had a brick mason "make pretty" in January '10 with the finish brick. I still have the clay tile roof to apply.

Re: oven

Send us some pictures. I was considering a barrel vault oven, but decided on the Pompeii. How is your oven working for you?
    Eric

Comment

See this post for a comment on his oven performance...
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...html#post85452
      I am sure it is still awesome, but 6 hour heat up time is really too much for home use.
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Oven is 32" wide, 42" front to back, and 16" internal ceiling height. Opening is 15" wide and 12" high. It is a barrel shape ceiling. Chimney was non existent during oven usage last summer/fall. Brick mason applied brick finish and created chimney this past winter. Have not used oven yet after application of chimney. I thought 4 to 6 hours was bit much too. Brick oven is composed of 3" x 4" x 9" firebrick. The 4" dimension is thickness of brick oven with 3" to 4" of concrete applied on top to create a thermal mall. I will apply another 3" of cement and vermiculite mix around entire brick oven portion to contain heat. Then apply the decorative clay roof tile. I will paint exterior white since I bought a mix of brick for exterior finish. When I send pictures, you'll understand why paint is needed.
        I will send pictures as soon as I figure out how to attach to a post. Anyone have any instructions on how to attach pictures to a post? I have not had much luck with this.
        Thanks for everyone interest. This is a great forum.

Comment

Working...
        X