web analytics
Ash Dump - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Ash Dump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ash Dump

Hello,

I'm going to be starting my oven here in a week or so, and I have looked over the plans thoroughly, but no where does it discuss an Ash Dump. Other plans I've consulted have one, and I was wondering if anyone has created the space. It seems really useful, but...

Thanks,
    Amber

Re: Ash Dump

Amber,
    My plans have an ash dump but the trend seems to indicate that it is not necessary to have one at all.
    sigpic

Comment

Amber:

We put one in our BBQ but opted not to in the oven. Just sweep the oven out, its very easy!
      Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Comment

I read about ash dumps in this forum and others and it seems that they have mixed results.

I left mine out - I wanted to use the area below for wood storage and did not care for the look when there was an unattractive and visible bucket below the ash-hole (figured I needed to use that term before spring jim came on and said it!!).

My oven really makes very little ash. I clean my oven every third or so burn just use the peel to remove the ash. I also did not have to contend with a ash slot when making or using my door.

Christo
        My oven progress -
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
        sigpic

Comment

Amber,

I agree. I don't think it's worth the extra work/planning involved. I just "shovel" mine out then put the ash in a small can by the side of the oven. My wife then uses it in her compost bin.

Dick

Comment

Working...
          X