web analytics
Brick orientation - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Brick orientation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick orientation

Seems to be multiple orientation options for the door way bricks Lying down standing up etc. I am building a 36 inch Tuscan style dome with a 12 inch high opening 19 inches wide Any thoughts from the pros on which orietation is best? .Cheers

Another brick orientation was used.

Originally posted by Fudugazi
    Seems to be multiple orientation options for the door way bricks Lying down standing up etc. I am building a 36 inch Tuscan style dome with a 12 inch high opening 19 inches wide Any thoughts from the pros on which orietation is best? .Cheers
    (M) I am certainly no "Pro" but I have some images that you could use to help you decide if using what I call "sleeping soldiers" as I consistently have, from the very first course, is a route you'd like to explore.

(M) James offered the following response to a question I raised about "Brick Orientation"

(J) I think that this has to be the decision of the builder, and how you are comfortable getting shape you have laid out on your template on the ground. There isn't a way of saying one or the other is "right".

(M) Go to: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294&highlight=marcel

to see some of those images, or try,

http://photobucket.com/albums/a318/marceld/

for a set of 70 images arranged chronologically that follow my oven build.

Ciao,

Marcel
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
    but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Working...
    X