web analytics
Pizza Wear - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Pizza Wear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Wear

Am I the only one who wants to see a cycling jersey? I cycle, and after some hard miles, pizza from the oven is just what I need to replenish myself.

Also, and this may interest non-bikers, the 3 back pockets make this great while cooking pizza! I put a small towel in one pockets, sometimes a wood spoon and always a paper towel.

I can suggest a new design, or a graphic to complement the "got wood" shirts?

Re: Pizza Wear

frankpaolino,

I am also a cyclist (my greatest accomplishment so far is the "Terrible Two" (200 miles, 20,000 feet of climbing) and I think a pizza-themed cycling jersey is a great idea! I never thought of using a cycling jersey while cooking, however... wonder of it would be get too hot? Maybe a "retro" Italian style wool one? Keep the Italian theme going as well?

You got me thinking!

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by boerwarrior View Post
      frankpaolino,

I am also a cyclist (my greatest accomplishment so far is the "Terrible Two" (200 miles, 20,000 feet of climbing) and I think a pizza-themed cycling jersey is a great idea! I never thought of using a cycling jersey while cooking, however... wonder of it would be get too hot? Maybe a "retro" Italian style wool one? Keep the Italian theme going as well?

You got me thinking!

Neil
      I have eaten way to much pizza over the years to look good in a cycling jersey.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Well guess what, there are already some companies that make Pizza-themed cycling jerseys! Here are three that I found
        Attached Files

Comment

Chip,

One of the better benefits of riding a bicycle.... you eat and drink anything you want.

And one is never too old or out of condition to start. I got back into serious biking about a year and a half ago. Last year I rode the STP (Seattle to Portland) in just under 14 hours on the bicycle. This coming September my wife and I are spending a month riding canals in France. She has a heart condition and so cannot do much climbing, but even at 71, she can still tour.

Bests,
          Wiley

Comment

Wiley, I totally agree!!

I am 51 and got "back" into biking 11 years ago. Lost 20 pounds and my weight now stays constant and I actually eat MORE than I use to! And pizza made with fresh, quality ingredients is a great fuel for biking. I have a 65-year old friend that I ride with regularly and he kicks my butt on hills sometimes! I have an Italian friend that rides a lot and he eats 4-course meals of pasta, pizza and dessert and he probably weighs 130 pounds soaking wet!

Comment

Working...
            X