web analytics
Flue size for an indoor pizza oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Flue size for an indoor pizza oven

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flue size for an indoor pizza oven

I'm building a 36" pizza oven indoors and there is already a heater of sorts on site connected to a flue that is approximately 10ft high.

I wonder... would it be unwise to use that flu for pizza oven purposes?

Otherwise, what is the cheapest possible type of flue I can purchase? Must it be stainless steel or would a simple wood stove flue suffice? The pizza oven will only be fired a few times this summer so we don't need a permanent solution.

Thank you for all your help.

Re: Flue size for an indoor pizza oven

It would not be OK to share a flue. What size will depend.

Thank you Tscarborough. I don't intend to share the flue. I will remove the device that is currently there and build a pizza oven in its place. Is it not ok to then attach the flue to the pizza oven?

I see. If it is the correct size and design (triple walled), then you could use it. The size would probably be 8" or larger for a 36" with a long run.

I think, from the looks of it, it is single walled but i'm not on location at the moment to verify. Does it need to be triple walled for safety purposes? Will single walled not be safe?

So, if I understand correctly, the longer the flue, the larger the diameter? I imagine a 6" diameter will not draw well?