web analytics
Finding medium duty fire brick - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Finding medium duty fire brick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding medium duty fire brick

I live in Ormond Beach Florida and can only find super duty fire brick available. Does anyone know if there is a company in Flordia that sells medium duty bricks?

Re: Finding medium duty fire brick

Just get the best price, forget about what duty it is. As long as its not insulating it will work. We had a brick company in Australia that made 18% alumina fire bricks and they worked just as good as a 45% superduty brick.

Comment

It is a bit of a drive for you. Try Cement Products & Supply in Lakeland. Phone is 863-686-5141.
      This is where I bought my "low duty" fireplace firebricks - That was 5 yrs ago. Low duty fireplace bricks will work perfectly fine. I only paid 77 cents each (again, 5 years ago).
      It was either drive an hr and get this great price in stock. Or order medium duty (2 wk wait) and pay 2.50 -4.00 each from someone closer. I believe I refered someone last year and the price was up to $1.02 on their bricks. They also carried Heatstop 50 which is the mortar I chose, it was $57.50 a bag , cheapest of anyone in Florida.
      I hope they help you out. I bought the last of a pallet and they threw in about a dozen chipped and cracked bricks at no charge, also got one of the bags of Heatstop for only $25 since it had a hole punctured in it from the forklift dropping it behind my truck. Good people, will deal with you and load your truck.

RT

Comment

Thank you Johnny and RT for replying. I will give that company a call in Tampa and maybe make a road trip. Have a great day.

Chris in Ormond Beach

Comment

Working...
        X