web analytics
The Greco's WFO - Long Island - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

The Greco's WFO - Long Island

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greco's WFO - Long Island

The stand and hearth for my 36" oven are in the process of curing! This was a huge step for me. I have zero masonary experience, I am using the forno bravo plans and this forum as my guide.

Stand

I dry stacked the block for a planned corner design. I used 3" angle iron to span the opening for the corner angle. 1/2" rebar were placed in every other core and filled with readymix concrete. The stand is (4) 16" block on the full sides and 2.5 block on the short sides.

Hearth

I used backer board to span the block stand and built (2) 2x4 tables to support the backer board while the hearth is curing. I used 2x6 for the form which was screwed together and then wrapped using a thick ratchet strap to help prevent warping. To level the form I used shims between the form and form supports. There is 1/2 rebar on 12" centers within the concrete. I dont think I got a good picture of the rebar.

Things look good so far. Anything I need to do during the curing process? Or should I just leave it alone?

I will post hearth pics tomorrow. It got a little dark to take pics tonight.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dsgreco; 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM.
    Thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/g...land-8759.html

Member WFOAMBA

Re: The Greco's WFO - Long Island

Keep it from drying out for the first day. Drying out isn't likely to happen this time of year. Then be patient for a week while it cures.
    Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Working...
    X