web analytics
Brick ovens in Argentina and Chile - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Brick ovens in Argentina and Chile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick ovens in Argentina and Chile

More good photos from Michele. This time from Argentina and Chile -- it sounds like being a food writer is fun ....

Also, I am posting an empanada photo in the food section.

Attached Files
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

vent in dome.

This is what I was talking about when I asked about a vent in the dome.. Anyone know any more about this strange and exciting phenomena?

Hey Nick,

Great catch. As I was posting this, I was thinking about what you had said about the vent-in-the-oven design. I'm thinking "Nick is going to comment on this... "

Still, after thinking about it for a while today, I don't think this is something that I would want to build. Think about the logistics of keeping a good fire going while you are cooking pizza (and other high heat dishes), and how you would have to mess with the in-oven vent. If the vent-in-the-oven was closed for pizza cooking, you don't have a vent above the oven opening to drawing heat and pull hot air out of the oven. It's that draw that creates the natural convection that makes the oven really work with.

I looked back at the photos from the ancient Roman ovens, and they all had a nice terracotta vent directly above the oven opening. Ah. Roman engineering. Straight roads and great brick ovens. Are we progressing?

Now Nick, do you have a great Empanada recipe?

Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces