web analytics
Taos Pueblo Oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Taos Pueblo Oven

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taos Pueblo Oven

Hi All,
    Here is a picture of one of the many cooking ovens at Taos Pueblo in New Mexico. I know this is not your standard brick oven but I thought you would find the oven interesting.
    Attached Files

Re: Taos Pueblo Oven

Looks a lot like the ovens I run into in Honduras. These are called 'Cobb' ovens in English, right?
    my work in progress:

Yes I believe so but there are many variations on this clay plus straw fired dome oven around the world. It would be interesting to know the first archeological evidence of this construction.

That brings back memories of my first trip to New Mexico and my first experience with some of the flat breads they made in those ovens (not at Taos Pueblo). They were terrible!! Probably just a fluke.
        Picasa web album
        Oven-building thread

Here's one we saw at Bandelier National Monument, NM. I'll bet it could cook up a heck of a pan pizza.
          Attached Files
          Ken H. - Kentucky
          42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
          Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album