web analytics
firing oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

firing oven

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firing oven

Has anyone had experience with firing up the oven in 32 degree weather? This is an outside oven.

Re: firing oven

Yep. I do it all the time. Noodle around the forum and you'll find a bunch of information.
    Basically, you want to start slowly to avoid thermal shock. After that, you're golden.

I've done it several times. If your wood's dry, it works fine. I didn't change anything about how I built my fire- just stacked it up and burned it top-down. I don't have any new cracks. The difference between even 20 degrees F and 50 or better isn't much when you consider that you're firing to 900 orr so degrees in the long run... If you're worried, just build a smaller fire to start and work your way up over the course of 1/2 hour or so.

thanks I will do that. I do want to have pizza over the holliday