web analytics
Larry’s Inferno - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Larry’s Inferno

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry’s Inferno

By reading all the posts and the vast wealth of knowledge on Forno Bravo I have formed a vision in my mind and on paper of what I would like to build in the way of a WFO. I really enjoy the fact no two ovens look the same and everyone adds a little of themselves to their build. I hope to be able to help someone with their oven build by documenting my journey one brick at a time. Please feel free to make any and all suggestions because the ideas in my head are not yet cast in stone.
    Attached Files

Re: Larry’s Inferno

Good luck and keep the pics coming.

Comment

If you're building up with brick from the bottom (which I think looks way better than a lot of other finishes) I used and recommend the Bricky brick laying jig. It makes bad bricklayers good and good bricklayers fast. Even the trowel that comes with the kit is a superior shape and feel from the ones that come from the hardware store.

You may need an inch on the inside of the wall to use the bricky: just lay up your blocks after that layer of brick is set.

Good looking bricks, by the way.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hi Dmun
        As a mater of fact based on your recomendation and postings I'm using the bricky and it has proved to be a great tool. I brought it new off of Ebay for a little less than you can get it from their website. I also agree about the look of brick all the way up.

Comment

The page where I demonstrate the Bricky is here.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I was able to make some more progress on my oven this past weekend. The Arch took some time and I and I had to let the mortar setup a bit before I could put another brick into place. Fitting in the bricks around the arch will probably take even longer. I anticipate a lot of measuring and cutting.
            Attached Files

Comment

That's a lovely arch!
              My oven: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/21/t...html#post46599
              My blog: Live For Pizza

Comment

Aye, the arch looks great! And I really love the brick you got. I am looking for something very similar. Really nice work

Travis

Comment

Thank You. Yes the brick really makes a difference. It took me awhile but I was lucky and found someone that was redoing their patio and was just looking to get rid of them. He gave me a price less than new brick would have cost. It does take a little more time because I have to pressure clean them first. It's definitely worth the extra work. The local yards sell the old Chicago brick but it was way too expensive for me. I should have enough for the entire exterior of the oven. To be on the safe side I'm concentrating on the front and the visible sides first and if I run out, of the old brick, I will use new brick in the back.

Comment

I was hoping to get more done over the Holidays but something always seem to interrupt my brick laying. Most of the time it was rain. Hopefully later this week I will be able to get the wood forms in place for the second pour. Happy New Year to all!

Larry
                    Attached Files

Comment

Larry,
                      That looks awesome! I can't wait to see your oven.

Comment

Larry,

Any updates? You're making me wait! After the nice brickwork, I really want to see this forno. Now I want to re-do my oven with brick. Are you happy?

Signed,
                        Jealous in N.Florida
                        Joe

Comment

Hi Joe,
                          I have done a little touch up work and electrical work on my oven. I also made a supporting arch behind the front arch. All the wood forms and rebar are also in place too. I have timed my second pour for next week. The company that I'm working for has put everybody on furlough for next week and it seem like a good way to keep out of trouble. I should have some new pictures end of next week.

Larry

Comment

Addition of supporting arch.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Electric added.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X