web analytics
Todd's Oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Todd's Oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd's Oven

This is the beginning of my 42" build in North Texas.
    Attached Files

Re: Todd's Oven

Todd,

Looks like you are off to a great start, and about ready to build your dome. I like your work, it is clean and orderly.

How are you planning to finish the exterior?

JED

Comment

Thanks Jed,

I am going up to the top of the dome with 4" block walls and stone, then a peaked roof. The dome gets a 2" Aluminum silicate blanket then loose fill vermiculite to the roof

Comment

What a neat mix of bricks for the facade. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the build.
        Nikki

Comment

subscribed
          Steve Kennemer
          Austin, TX

Comment

Thanks guys, I went with 6" of vermiculite/portland mix on top and I know the plans call for 3.5" .... is this ok?

I am thinking about incorporating a small flash boiler tank and an antique train whistle so when the oven reaches temperature the digital gauge closes the relay contacts and injects a shot of water in to the flash boiler giving the whistle a shot of steam... Pizza alert!! Bet my neighbours would love that...

Comment

Hahahah--love the whistle idea! That's much more fun than a temperature gauge.
              Nikki

Comment

Originally posted by toddj View Post
                Thanks guys, I went with 6" of vermiculite/portland mix on top and I know the plans call for 3.5" .... is this ok?
                More insulation is better. Sounds ok to me!

I am thinking about incorporating a small flash boiler tank and an antique train whistle so when the oven reaches temperature the digital gauge closes the relay contacts and injects a shot of water in to the flash boiler giving the whistle a shot of steam... Pizza alert!!
                Oh MAN, that will be TOO COOL!! If you do it, I would love to see the details and pics (even a video of it working!?)
                Ken H. - Kentucky
                42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I concur - the whistle would be a unique and awesome idea! Would it have to rely on the ambient oven temp or could you link it to a thermocouple embedded in the floor, for example, so it whistles when the temps have equalized and it's truly ready for pizza?
                  Picasa web album
                  Oven-building thread

Comment

The transmitting thermocouples I am using feed 4-20ma signal to a digital temp display that can drive a relay at a set point. If I set the set temp to say 700f and have it drive a solonoid pushing a bimba cylinder with a check valve it can give a regulated shot of water into a flash chamber made of standard steel or stainless water pipe with a pipe thread end cap bottom and a reducer top. connect the reducer to a pressure line to the whistel and woo.. woo.. Il do a drawing later..

Comment

anyone used these doors before??

Cast iron products cast iron firebacks buy online.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Il do a drawing later..
                        Please, it would be interesting to see. I'm having a hard time seeing how the shot of water wouldn't be converted to steam by time you get to 800 plus degrees.

les...
                        Check out my pictures here:
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Received my box of Kaowool 2" x 50sf at work today. I forgot to drive the truck so I un-boxed it, wrapped it in white plastic and duct tape and wedged it into the passenger side of my bmw z4 and... got stopped by a female state trooper on the way home... "Excuse me sir whats in your package?" guess it looked like I was smuggeling something.. drugs, dead hooker, oven insulation... who knows

Comment

"Excuse me sir what's in your package?"
                            Nice double entendre... I'm sure I would have come back with a response that got me in much more trouble than a speeding ticket.
                            Ken H. - Kentucky
                            42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                            Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I was thinking the same thing - decided not to go there. Only in Texas

Les...
                              Check out my pictures here:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X