web analytics
New Mobile Oven concept - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

I'm Peter Reinhart! Ask Me Anything! Monday, February 15, 2016 7:00-8:00 pm EST

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

Ask Me Anything New Forum Feature

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

New Mobile Oven concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mobile Oven concept

Here is a photo of a new type of mobile oven from Fired Up Kitchens. It can be moved by one person an a flat, solid surface, or it can be pulled by a cart across grass, driveways, parking lots, etc. The audience is homeowners with large outdoor spaces, and professionals, including golf courses, wineries, and restaurants with outdoor dining and cooking spaces.

The oven is built around the Artigiano oven -- so it is ready for light commercial use. The first one has been built and installed (though you will notice the backdrop is Photoshop'd in).

I think this is pretty cool; check out the attachable prep table.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: New Mobile Oven concept

Very nice indeed
    Regards
    Adrian

Comment

How heavy is the whole thing total? Does it move around on heavy duty caster wheels? I like the concept. It's making me rethink my mobile oven design.

Comment

Right off, I'd say it's a movable oven. Mobile, to me elicits the notion that it can be taken from event to event. Looking at the low clearance cabinet, I'd say this guy has to stay in the yard. Are those small pneumatic tires peeking out there next to the channel bar? Even if the cabinets are removable and could be conventionally towed, my silly opinion is that it's too singular. You still need to schlep the rest of the equipment.
        It would be perfect for semi-permanent patio dinners. Bussers could move it in place for special events and remove it when the space is needed. Indoors, it would be perfect if you could come up with a detachable snap collar for the flue connected to a powered vent.
        Personally, I'd lose the ironing table. ... I suppose it could be a landing area.
        My prep table would be out in front.

No offense. ...just thinking out loud.

Comment

I like the idea. Would love to see more info on it.
          Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
          like chicken...

My 44" oven in progress...

Comment

Working...
          X